Most Dorset Events have been Cancelled or Postponded!
Always check with the Event Organiser for more information.
For advise on the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, please follow the
public health guidelines from www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Category: Festivals & Outdoor Events
Date: 27th Jul 2020 - 7th Aug 2020
Time: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Location: The Square and Compass, Swanage
Booking Required: No
Stone Carving Festival (2 weeks)
The 2 week long stone carving festival has been running now for over 20 years.
It is not a competition, but an event for people, experienced or novice, to enjoy carving stone.
There will be a chance to watch the expert carvers turn a block of stone into a work of beauty over the 2 weeks and an opportunity, if you just want to have a go, to borrow some tools , select a stone and try and create your own piece of work. tools, goggles and stone are provided free of charge but if you wish to give a donation to cover the costs, we will not try and prevent it.
- Safety guidlines are displayed on site and we would ask you to follow them for your own safety.
- The event runs daily with the tent open from 9.30am till 5pm.
- Children must be accompanied by adults.
- There will be music in the pub every night and we hope you can come and enjoy it.
- The music is also free, but donations are very welcome!
LocationThe Square and Compass
Worth Matravers, Swanage, Dorset, BH19 3LF United Kingdom
Other Events near this Venue/Location
- Rude Mechanical Theatre Co: 'Little Lily Harley' - 12th Jun 2020 - 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- Stone Carving Festival (2 weeks) - 27th Jul 2020 - 7th Aug 2020 - 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Square Fair 2020 - 1st Aug 2020 - 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Pumpkin and Beer Festival 2020 - 3rd Oct 2020 - 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Square & Compass Cider Festival 2020 - 7th Nov 2020 - 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Beard, Bottled Beer & Cheese Festival 2020 - 5th Dec 2020 - 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Running an Event? Add Events for FREE here.
Disclaimer: Event details are believed to be correct at time of publication. Please check with the event organiser if you have any questions. If you believe an event is incorrect or no longer happening, please let us know.