PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A PAST EVENT ~ SEE BELOW FOR OTHER EVENTS NEAR THIS LOCATION
Date: 17th Jun 2021
Time: 8:00pm - 10:00pm
Location: Slep Heath, Arne
Booking Required: Yes
Slepe Heath Nightjar Experience
Slepe Heath Nightjar Experience ~ available from 3 Jun 2021 to 29 Jul 2021
Birds of Poole Harbour have partnered with the Purbeck National Trust Team once more to explore the stunning and scenic Slepe Heath which is nestled to the north of Hartland Moor and Corfe Castle. The southern heaths of Poole Harbour are a stronghold for Nightjar – and Slepe Heath is no exception. This mysterious bird and its quirky lifestyle add to their endearing personality and haunting ‘churr’ rings out across the heathland at dusk. Join us to learn about and see some of the important areas for these heathland specialists whilst taking in stunning views out across the Wareham Channel. The grand finale will be listening to (and hopefully watching) Nightjar as they become active at dusk, before they then head out in to the darkness.
8pm to late | 15 spaces per walk
Price: £15 per person
- Meeting Place – Main western access gate of Slepe Heath along Soldiers Road. Head through the village of Ridge (as if heading to Arne) and take the right hand turn half a mile after Ridge. The turning has a cattle grid on it. Drive 200m south along Soldiers Road and we’ll be meeting in the main access gate layby just before 8pm.
- Accessibility: Uneven, sandy terrain. No wheelchair access.
- No public toilets available
- Please wear suitable clothing according to the conditions. Sturdy, covered shoes advisable. No flip-flops!
- Please bring water and refreshments with you if needed
- No dogs allowed
- Mosquito spray/balm advisable
Soldiers Road, Arne, England, BH20 5DU United Kingdom
Other Events near this Venue/Location
Running an Event? Add Events for FREE here.
Disclaimer: Event details are believed to be correct at time of publication. Please check with the event organiser if you have any questions.
If you believe an event is incorrect or no longer happening, please let us know.